Introduction to Interviews
‘I am myself looking for answers to my questions since my childhood. How on earth can I answer your questions?’ said Manoj Das to an inspiring journalist. Nevertheless he has been drawn into interviewsand dialogues despite his shyness. And people who have heard him answer their questions or have read them, have gone back with a feeling of deep satisfaction - be the questions literary or philosophical.
That is perhaps because he does not sound pedantic, does not speak wishing to be looked upon as an authority on any topic. If he proves compelling in spite of that, it is because he never says a thing in which he does not believe; he never speaks to impress, but to communicate his own conviction. What is more, one feels that his conviction is not merely intellectual, but has its base deep within.
Lists of Manoj Das's Interviews
- "A meeting that was a promise for the future" (Interview by Prof. P.Raja published in "The Hindu" 29th April 2014).
- "Mu Ejabat Nijaku Nije Chihnibare Aashayee Matra" (Interview by Smt. Mamata Dash,Published in “Samayara Aakankhya” October 2013)
- "Jeun Srujanee Mote Galpa Lekhai Asuthila,Taha Apasari Jaichi" (Interview by Shri Asit Mohanty,Published in “Shreya”,July 2013)
- “Commitment to truth”: Article on Prof. Manoj Das by Manjula Kolanu in “The Hindu Frinday Review” 31st May 2013
- “Tete-A-Tete with A Wizard of the Words”(Interview by Shri Ramendra Kumar published in http://www.boloji.com )
- “Fear of our conscience makes us cowards…” (Interview by Haraprasad Paricha Patnaik , Published in “Sun Times”, Bhubaneswar,Tuesday,4 April, 1989)
- Abiding Faith ( Interview by Sachidananda Mohanty, published in “The Hindu Literary Review”, Sunday, January 7, 2007)
- Stories that Touch a Hidden Chord ( Interview by Bijnan Sutar, Published in “NBT News Letter” Vol.17.No.8, November 2001)
- The Writer’s Soul (Interview by Subarna Ghosh,Published in “Amrita Bazar Patrika”)
- Manoj Das in Conversation with Bijay Kumar Das (Interview by Bijay Kumar Das,Published in “The Indian Journal of English Studies” Volume XLIV, 2007.)
- Aesop, faith and Manoj Das (Interview by Minu Tharoor,Published in “The Straits Times”(Singapore), December 5,1981.)
- Now Fate of Genuine Writings Uncertain (Interview by Miss Snigdha Nanda, published in “ The Pioneer” dated 15th February 2012.).
- From Marxism to Mysticism ( Interview by Prof. P Raja, published in ” Gentleman”, Auguast 2001)
- On “The Mother”(Interview with Shri Sarat Mishra)(In Odia)
- Of Light and Delight (Interview in “The Golden Chain”, August 2011)
- On Folk in Modern Indian Literature (Interview by Prof.Nandini Sahu)
- On His Creative Process (Interview by Prof. P.Raja)
- On Being A Bilingual Writer (Interview by Prof.P.Raja)
- On His Fictional Writings (Interview by Prof.P.Raja)
- On Translation (Interview by Prof.P.Raja)
- On Sri Aurobindo (Interview by Prof.P.Raja)
- On Pondicherry (Interview by Prof.P.Raja)